Alzheimer's, Dementia & Memory Care in Edmond
- Early Memory Care
- Memory Care
Early Memory Care
Touchmark memory support provides residents who have some cognitive impairment or the early stages of dementia with the support and stimulation they need to live a happy, healthy, enriched life.
Touchmark’s Elm neighborhood offers spacious studio apartments and is designed to provide freedom and personal choice to those who are not yet in need of a secured environment.
Staff members at Touchmark use a person-centered approach to care, which respects the individual’s life history and preferences, encourages an overall sense of well-being, and provides positive and unconditional regard for him or her. Staff members continually reassess residents’ needs, so as their condition changes, so does their care program.
Living styles and features
Each Elm neighborhood resident receives an in-depth initial assessment to determine his or her care plan. Regular assessments are conducted thereafter to ensure all needs are met as they evolve or change. Well-trained caregiving staff members are present 24 hours per day. Other amenities and services include:
- The Full Life Wellness & Life Enrichment Program™
- Touchmark’s award-winning Full Life Wellness & Life Enrichment Program™
- Housekeeping, laundry, and bedmaking
- Three daily meals served in a private dining area
- Caring, licensed nurses overseeing neighborhood
- Personalized daily emotional support and cuing
- Functional fitness classes
- Music & MemorySM program
- TimeSlips™ creative storytelling
- Scheduled local transportation
- Scheduled social and cultural activities
- 24-hour emergency response system
One of the most difficult challenges a family can face is finding a secure, welcoming, and supportive environment for a loved one with Alzheimer’s disease or other form of age-related dementia.
Touchmark provides a caring world for people with memory loss. Our program is specifically designed to provide appropriate stimulation and support in a homelike, secure area.
Carefully guided choices are encouraged through person-centered programming provided by specially trained staff who work with residents throughout the day, evening, and night.
Licensed nurses provide an in-depth initial assessment to determine residents’ service plans based on their needs. Recurring assessments and scheduled care conferences keep the service plan current and specific to the changing needs of each resident.
Living styles and features
These and other features help ensure your loved one a respectful, enriched life in a Touchmark community:
- Personalized daily programs
- Supervised weekly outings and bus excursions
- Life Story Project
- Full Life program
- 24-hour care monitoring
- Weekly housekeeping with linen service
- Nutritious and tasty meals and snacks
- Emergency call system
Additional Memory Care information can be found in our Resource Documents - Touchmark’s Memory Care neighborhoods and programming include several distinctive features specifically designed to benefit people living with age-related dementia.